In this article, we’ve collected the 30 most common types of clothing stores. Theoretically, it may seem that a clothing store is just a store where clothes are sold and there can not be many types of such stores. However, the truth is that there are many different types of clothes stores that have something different to offer and focus on selling slightly different products.
It is important to be aware of how many types of stores there are, because customers who go shopping are often choosing stores to which they will go depending on the specialization of the stores. This is especially important in the case of shopping centers and places where there is a lot of competition between clothing stores.
TYPES OF CLOTHING STORES
1. High end fashion boutiques (e.g. Gucci) are the most luxurious boutiques of expensive brands
2. Designer boutiques (e.g. Joie) – clothes straight from the designer, sometimes expensive, and sometimes from novice designers who are cheaper. Often very high quality at a reasonable price.
3. High street chain stores (e.g. Tommy Hilfiger) – are premium chain stores, offering quite good quality clothes at a slightly higher price.
4. Fast fashion brands (e.g. Primark) cheap, but looking good and similar to premium and high fashion brands but in lower quality.
5. Casual clothing brands (e.g. H&M) for typical daily use
6. Sport clothing stores or Athleisure clothing stores (e.g. Nike)
7. Travel clothing store or mountain clothes and accessories
8. Lingerie store (e.g. Victoria’s Secret)
9. Maternity stores (e.g. Seraphine) – pregnant women need special comfortable clothes, they are also looking for clothes and accessories that will be useful for caring for a newborn child
10. Kids clothing stores (e.g. Macys)
11. Summer type of clothes store (e.g. Hollister) – clothes especially for summer, ideal for the beach, good for surfers and for holidays in warm temperatures
12. Wedding dresses clothing and accessories
13. Plus size clothing
14. Clothing for physical workers
15. Golf amd polo clothes (Ralph Lauren) – clothing suitable and suitable for games such as polo, golf. Elegant and comfortable at the same time.
16. Swimming suits and accessories
17. Winter and north clothes (e.g. Burton) – for skiers and snowboarders
18. Survival and military clothing
19. Streetwear clothing
20. Skate clothing (e.g Westside Skateshop)
21. Metal and rock and roll clothing
22. Hip hop clothing
23. Suit store
24. Jeans shop (e.g. Levi’s)
25. A shop dedicated to scarves, gloves and pocket squares and other clothing accessories like belts
26. Brands specialised in bags, backpacks and satchels
27. Department store (e.g TJ Maxx) – they often sell many different products at once, also other than clothes (like consumer goods e.g. home accessories)
28. Supermarket selling clothes (e.g. Walmart)
29. Multibrand fashion stores / Concept store (e.g. Matchesfashion) – are types of clothing stores that offer products of several, several dozen or even hundreds of different selected brands and designers.
30. Outlet stores – are shops in which a manufacturer sells its own branded goods, often at discounted prices
According to many people, shoes are also an element of clothing. Shoes stores can be another examples of clothings stores.
Discover the pulse of tomorrow's business landscape through an exploration of the 25 pivotal trends poised to revolutionize our world. In an era...
Welcome to the ultimate guide to the top 100 products in high demand for 2024! In a rapidly evolving marketplace, staying ahead of consumer trends...
Discover the next wave of innovative supply chain business ideas with our comprehensive guide to the top 30 ventures transforming the industry landscape. From cutting-edge technology to sustainable solutions, this article explores a diverse array of opportunities for...
In this article we have prepared 50 unique business ideas that can make big money because of how special and rare they are. One of the most important features of profitable businesses is that they are unique and do not have much competition. The business ideas we have...